U14: update 12 March 2017
A tough test at Lasswade RFC and after a slowish start our boys put some good phases of play together. Both forwards and backs contributed to a competitive and sometimes feisty contest. Lasswade were creative in attack and stalwart in defence but Currie managed to breakdown the latter and stop the former to end up 22-6 winners.
Scores came from Cullen (3), Hogg, Donoghue and O'Donnell (his first for the club!). Sayers had a great day with the boot converting four of the six goals.
Many thanks to Lasswade for their sport, hospitality and sportsmanship all of which contributed to a good morning out in Midlothian.
This week's notes are as follows:
* Training is on Malleny 3G on Tuesday at 18.00 until 19.30. Tuesday training will revert to grass pitches wef 28 March.
* Next Sunday we visit The Inch in Perth to play Perthshire RFC. Meet time in Perth will be 13.00 with a 14.00 KO. Team sheet issued midweek as normal. Please note there are roadworks on the M90 so it'd be good to allow a wee bit more travel time.
* I can confirm we will be attending the Edinburgh Accie/BATS International Tournament on FRIDAY 21 April. Meet time will be c16.45 with the event closing around 20.30. Teams in the pool are Accies/BATS, Stew Mel, Boroughmuir and FC Herouvillais from Normandy.
* Reminder about Youth Dinner: there are one or two boys yet to say yes or no to attending the Youth Dinner on 5/5/17. I will send a separate note out for that.
* The tournament meeting was postponed last Tuesday and will now take place during training this Tuesday in the Clubhouse.
* It's that time of the year again: please look out for an invitation for your son to vote for the Players' Player of the Year. The award will be presented at the Dinner along with the Player of the Year trophy. Please just one vote per player. There is also a supplementary question this season about a potential development for next year.
* Daniel misplaced his tour hoody today. Can you please check your son has not inadvertently picked it up. Initials DMA are on the arm.
* Finally, I have emailed some draft details of the visit of FC Montpellier on Saturday 6 May. As you will see, it is a fairly full day. I will be appealing for help on the day nearer the time. As many of you know, this is a great experience for the players, coaches and parents and your support would be very welcome.
Updated 12/03/2017 by