U14: update 5 March 2017
No rugby again, despite the pitches in reasonable nick. Very frustrating and you have my apologies. The fact we have limited 'open' Sundays because of school holidays, shutdowns, tournaments, etc means any cancellation is a blow. But these things happen.
With 22 of the 24 squad members there we managed to conduct a great session with the U15s which upped the intensity in advance of some tests against GHA, Perthshire, our tournament and touring sides. Good application from the boys.
This week's notes are as follows:
* Training is on 3G at Malleny on Tuesday at 18.00. The Tournament Committee will also be meeting in the clubhouse at this time if anyone has anything they want raised.
* Next Sunday we travel to Hawthorndale to face Lasswade RFC. Details have yet to be received from our hosts and I shall let you know as soon as I can. As ever, squad will be announced on Tuesday at training.
* I am pleased to say that the Stirling Sevens Tournament has been confirmed for Sunday 14 May at Bridgehaugh. We can send one squad of 10 (although I have said another would be available if required). Further details nearer the time, but 16 rugby clubs from across the country are attending.
* I am also pleased to advise you of an event. We will POTENTIALLY be attending the Accies BATS International on Friday 21 April at Raeburn Place. Just waiting to confirm which age group they actually required as there is some confusion. As this is a Friday evening event I appreciate there may be availability issues. Please let me know. Meet time will be c17.00. The tournament looks great with S2 representatives from Edinburgh Accies, Stew Mel, Boroughmuir and Herouvillais RFC from France.
* I attended a Scottish Rugby Conference fixtures meeting on Wednesday. Next season will see two new entrants to the President's Conference: Biggar RFC and Hamilton RFC. This will mean 14 fixtures to fulfill pre-Christmas ranging from 27/8 to 10/12 (plus a midweek fixture against Merchiston). Fixture planning for post-Christmas is well under way.
* Finally, please remember to get names in for the youth dinner by a week on Friday.
Currie RFC U14 Team Manager
Updated 05/03/2017 by